- Exness (SC) Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA) with license number SD025.
- Exness (Cy) Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) with license number and 178/12.
- Exness (UK) Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom under registration number 730729.
- Exness ZA (PTY) Ltd is licensed by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FSCA) in South Africa as an FSP financial services provider) with registration number 2020/234138/07 and FSP number 51024.
- Exness B.V. is a securities intermediary licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Curaçao and Sint Maarten (CBCS) with license number 0003LSI.
- Exness (VG) Ltd is licensed by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in the BVI (British Virgin Islands) with registration number 2032226.
- Exness (MU) Ltd is licensed by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in Mauritius with registration
- number 176967 and business license number GB20025294.
The Exness Group is an established brokerage offering trading on forex, metals, cryptocurrencies, energies, indices, stocks and commodities. The online broker allows clients to tailor financial services and investment solutions to their personal needs. Our Exness broker review for 2022 will cover account registration and sign in, login security, minimum deposit requirements, payment methods, social trading, and more. Find out whether to register with Exness today.
The Exness Group was established in 2008, with several global affiliates offering trading across the world. The CEO and founder, Petr Valov, is shaping the organisation with transparency and honesty at the heart of the business strategy.
The award-winning retail FX trading brand holds regulatory licenses in the United Kingdom, Cyprus, Seychelles, and South Africa, among others. The organisation was also the first to hit a monthly trading volume of $1 trillion and $2 trillion, with over 260,000 live accounts.
The Exness Group has headquarters in Limassol, Cyprus, alongside offices in London, United Kingdom, South Africa, Seychelles, Curaçao, and the British Virgin Islands. Note, the offices in Cyprus and the UK do not provide trading services to retail investors. The total number of employees now stands at over 500.
Exness supports the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) terminals. Both platforms are industry-recognised and available for free download to PC and desktop devices, or via all major web browsers including Windows XP, Windows 10+, and Mac. Further platform features are listed below.
MetaTrader 4 Web Terminal
- 9 timeframes
- Live news streams
- Customisable charts
- 4 pending order types
- Analysis of quote dynamics
- Single thread strategy tester
- Access to Expert Advisors (EAs)
- 50+ built-in technical indicators
- Ability to overlay analytical objects
- User-friendly, multilingual interface
- Interbank liquidity and fast execution
- Daily account statement with profit & loss summary
MetaTrader 5 Web Terminal
- 21 timeframes
- Hedging allowed
- One-click trading
- 6 pending order types
- Built-in economic calendar
- Multi-threaded strategy tester
- 80+ built-in technical indicators
- Set stop loss and take profit levels
- Enhanced order management capabilities
- Customisable charts, view up to 100 simultaneously
The Exness website is available in 14 languages throughout the website, including the homepage, during the account sign up process, and on all education interfaces. Both web platform terminal options also offer multilingual services.
Exness offers both spot and CFD trading on close to 100 forex pairs, over 30 cryptos, precious metals, energies, stocks and indices. The range of markets is competitive and rivals some of the biggest players in the industry. Clients can also access leverage up to 1:200 on the broker’s suite of products.
Fees & Commission
Exness offers floating spreads which are generally tight though variable based on the account type chosen. Spreads start from 0.3 pips on the Standard Cent Accounts and from 0.1 pips on the Standard Account, with no commissions on all trading volumes.
The Pro Account features a raw spread with a variable commission structure per trade.
The Exness Zero (0) Spread Account offers no spreads throughout 95% of the trading day. However, our review found commission is applicable, with charges from $3.50 per lot/side.
Popular metals, including gold, are offered in the form of a currency pair such as XAU/USD. A useful spread comparison table is available on the broker’s website.
The broker also charges swap rates for positions held overnight and an inactivity fee, further details of which can be found on the company website.
Note, for live spreads, refer to the trading platform.
The leverage offered to Exness clients varies by account type, instrument, and trading entity due to regulatory requirements. Some agencies allow high margin rates, up to 1:2000. We would recommend utilising risk management strategies when trading with high leverage to protect against significant losses.
Note, the margin call is 30% for the Pro, Zero and Raw Spread accounts and 60% for the Standard and Standard Cent solutions. There is also a 0% and custom stop out feature.
MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are both available as mobile applications, allowing Exness clients to open positions from an easy-to-use app in any location. The apps are available for free download and are compatible with iPhone (iOS) and Android (APK) devices. The full suite trading features available on the desktop platforms is accessible, including analytical tools, plus customisable charts and graphs.
The minimum deposit at Exness is $10. This is competitive vs OctaFX at $25 and IC Markets requiring a $200 minimum. Exness does not charge a fee for any payment method, however, third-party charges may apply. You must also verify your account before attempting to add funds.
Funding your account in your personal trading area. Approximately 50 base currencies are available for live trading accounts including USD, AUD, ZAR, and KWD. Accepted account payment methods include: EPS, cryptocurrency, bank cards, local payment systems, internal transfers. Crypto payments are BTC and USDT.
Note, not all payment methods will be available depending on your country of residence. Also, once you have opened an account, the base currency cannot be changed, though a new account can be opened in an alternative currency.
Exness does not charge for withdrawals. Minimum and maximum limits vary by the chosen method, including a $6 minimum amount for debit/credit card withdrawals. Clients will be pleased that transactions back to your original payment method are often instant. Typically a 5-day wait, along with fees, is offered by competitor brokers.
For full details on how to deposit, any withdrawal problems, or understanding an exchange rate to a base currency, visit the online help centre on the broker’s website or contact the customer support helpline.
Exness offers a demo account available on the MT4 and MT5 platforms. This is in line with competitors including XM, XTB, FBS, HotForex, IB, and JP Markets.
Demo accounts are a great way for new and experienced traders to test strategies risk-free in real market conditions. Clients can also utilise the virtual funds to understand the platform’s features, improve risk management techniques and trial new trading strategies. A simple online registration form is required.
Exness does not offer sign-up bonuses or promotional deals. With that said, the brand may provide some rewards as part of campaigns. See the official website for the latest news.
Exness entities hold licenses in the jurisdictions in which they operate. This helps provide clients with various safety measures, from negative balance protection and segregated client funds to limits on retail trading leverage.
The Exness Group affiliates are licensed by:
- Exness (SC) Ltd – Authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA)
- Exness (CY) – Authorised by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Exness (UK) – Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Exness ZA (Pty) Ltd – Regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
- Exness B.V – Regulated by the Central Bank of Curacao and Sint Maarten (CBCS)
- Exness (VG) Ltd – Regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC)
Exness offers comprehensive education and additional training tools, designed for global traders of all experience levels and abilities. Simply log in to your personal area to join the Exness Academy. Tools include YouTube video content, VPS hosting, profit/margin calculator, economic calendar, live streaming news, and market history. Technical research and fundamental analysis are also available.
A variety of topics are covered, including major indices weekly outlooks for the S&P 500, NASDAQ 100 (NAS100), and US30; trading ideas, the minimum lot size for trading, understanding Exness account off-price quotes, social trading, and more.
Social media and websites such as Quora, Facebook, and LinkedIn also provide helpful peer-to-peer broker reviews and additional guidance.
Exness offers several account types:
- Standard Cent
- Raw Spread
Minimum deposits start as low as $10, which is ideal for new traders. Typically, the minimum trade size is 0.01 lot and the maximum trade size is 200 lots with unlimited leverage, though they vary between instrument and market. Additional account types are also available, including an Islamic account with no swap or rollover charges.
An account can be opened in minutes through the online registration portal with no deposit needed for the Standard and Standard Cent solutions. The Pro, Raw Spread and Zero accounts are activated when a qualifying deposit is made.
Note, you may be required to provide identity verification documents, such as proof of residency under Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance requirements.
- Demo account
- Social trading
- Spreads from 0 pips
- Various payment methods
- Low minimum deposit of $10
- Instant and market execution
- Secure global login area
- Traders from Asia accepted
- Local payments plus deposits in BTC and USDT
- Comprehensive education available via Exness Academy
- Industry recognised MetaTrader 4 and 5 trading terminals
- Global regulation licenses held including FCA, FSCA and CySEC
- First brokerage to pass the $1 trillion and $2 trillion marks in monthly trading volumes
- Country restrictions, including the USA
- No welcome offers or bonuses
- No volatility 75 (VIX 75)
Exness follows standard office hours, operating in the UK GMT time zone. Trading is available for 24 hours, Monday to Friday. Typically forex pairs open for trading on Sunday at 21:00 and close on Friday at 22:00. Trading hours may vary depending on local public holiday dates. Keep an eye on the news section of the broker’s website for a full calendar of previous and upcoming closures.
Exness offers 24/7 customer support, available in 14 languages including English, Chinese and Thai:
- Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline Telephone Number – +35725245730
- Headquarters Address – Siafi Street, Portobello, Office 401, 3042, Limassol, Cyprus
There is currently no live chat option.
The Exness Group assures a high level of safety and security for its clients. The personal area and portal access are password protected, complying with local data privacy laws. Secure login is replicated on the MT4 and MT5 platforms, with high-tech encryptions and industry-standard data privacy.
The broker’s servers are located in: Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Johannesburg and Miami.
Exness provides opportunities for traders of varying abilities on the established MT4 and MT5 platforms. Regulation is present in multiple countries, including with the industry-recognised FCA and CySEC authorities. Account types, minimum deposit requirements, and the offering of a fantastic education hub all contribute to the competitive service and high quality trading experience.
Exness accepts traders from Thailand, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Norway, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use Exness from United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, United States Outlying Islands, Vatican State, Puerto Rico, Marshall Islands, Virgin Islands, U.S., New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Vanuatu, Seychelles, Russian Federation, Israel, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Palestine, Iran, Korea, Malaysia, Gibraltar, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.